The Association of the United States Army is the only professional association serving the total Army force - Active, National Guard, Reserve, Retirees, Department of the Army Civilians, Cadets, and their families.
The AUSA supports the people in the Army and their families by fostering programs that make it a better place to live and work. Its goals include improving professionalism, career attractiveness and incentives, and serving as a much-needed bridge between the Army and Industry.
It also educates the American people about the essential role that theTotal Army plays in national defense.
The Greater Los Angeles Chapter supports the National AUSA objectives and also recognizes the unique requirements of the Army in this region.
Specifically the Chapter dedicates its work to the following objectives:
- Support the Reserve, National Guard and Recruiting components of the United States Army in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Contribute to the General Omar Bradley Fund to provide ROTC scholarships or other financial support to university and high school students in the region served by the Chapter.
- Link the local industry base to all levels of the United States Army through seminars, meetings, publications, and other communications media to promote better response in meeting the needs of the Army.
- Promote the Army's mission to the greater Los Angeles public.
- Encourage the greatest level of United States Army retiree participation in fulfillment of Chapter objectives.
Since 1957 the Greater Los Angeles Chapter has proudly fulfilled this mission.