ARMY Magazine Photo Contest
The ARMY Magazine Photo Contest is sponsored by the Association of the United States Army. Winning photos will be published in the November issue of ARMY Magazine.
2007 ARMY Magazine Photo Contest Winners
Third Prize (tie)
Catherine D. Johnson
LTC Trevor Bredenkamp
SGT Sandra Silva Fisher
SPC Kelly K. McDowell
Photo: Jimmy McSalters, Hinesville, GA
|An unidentified soldier kneels at the base of the Operation Iraqi Freedom III monument, dedicated to fallen comrades of the 4th Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, Fort Stewart, GA.|
Photo: Catherine D. Johnson,Fort Stewart, GA
|A soldier assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized) holds up the U.S. flag in a crowd of soldiers waiting for the arrival of Vice President Dick Cheney at Cottrell Field, Fort Stewart, GA, July 21, 2006.|
Photo: Michael Allison, Brick, NJ
|Two soldiers from the 468th Fire Fighters Detachment in Massachusetts battle a blaze at a fire training exercise at Fort Monmouth, NJ |
Photo: Sgt. Sandra Silva Fisher, San Mateo,CA
"Hey, birdie! Covers are supposed to be worn outdoors!"
|The 91st Division Band from Camp Parks, Dublin, CA, participated in the parade in Marina, Calif., and later performed a concert. Spc. Kendell Mease and Sgt. Katelynn Kapki of the 91st Division Band react to a bold parrot during a break.|
2008 ARMY Magazine Photo Contest
The Association of the U.S. Army is pleased to announce its 13th ARMY Magazine photo contest. Amateur and professional photographers are invited to enter.
The winning photographs will be published in ARMY Magazine, and the photographers will be awarded cash prizes. First prize is $500; second prize is $300; third prize is $200; and five honorable mentions each will receive $100.
1. Each photograph must have a U.S. Army-related subject and must have been taken on or after July 1, 2007.
2. Entries must not have been published elsewhere. Evidence of prior publication of any winning entry will disqualify it.
3. Each contestant is limited to three entries.
4. Entries must be black-and-white prints, color prints or color slides. The entries must not be tinted or altered.
5. The minimum size for prints is 5X7 inches; the maximum is 8X10 inches (no mats or frames).
6. The smallest format for slides is 35mm, and slides must be in plastic or paper mounts.
7. A sheet of paper must be taped to the back of each entry indicating the following: the photographer's name, Social Security number (for identification and tax purposes), address and telephone number; and caption information.
8. Entries must be mailed to: Editor, ARMY Magazine, 2425 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201-3385, ATTN: Photo Contest.
9. Entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2008. Letters notifying the winners will be mailed in September.
10. Entries will not be returned.
11. Employees of AUSA and their family members are not eligible.
12. Prize-winning photographs may be published in ARMY Magazine, other AUSA publications and the AUSA web site as many as three times.
13. Photographic quality and subject matter will be the primary considerations in judging.
For more information, contact:
2425 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 841-4300, Ext. 204