Chapters and individual AUSA members are encouraged to submit proposed resolutions for committee consideration. Resolutions or suggested subjects for resolutions must be forwarded to AUSA national headquarters by July 18, 2008. Prior to the Annual Meeting on October 6-8, Resolutions Committee members will review the resolutions that will become the Association's objectives for the year 2009.
A QUALITY RESOLUTION IS:
- Based upon fact and logical reasoning
- Clear and concise
- Capable of implementation from a practical viewpoint
- Reflective of AUSA's ethical standards
- In accord with AUSA's overall aims and objectives as stated in Article II of the by-laws
- Good for the Army and the nation it defends
You may want to refer to the 2008 resolutions as a point of departure. *Please note that AUSA does not use the "whereas" format when drafting resolutions. Supporting statements should be short and to the point.
Resolution submission format *Please Note: Resolutions not submitted in this format will be returned.
HOW TO SUBMIT RESOLUTIONS
Members may submit proposed resolutions in any of the following ways:
2) E-mail: email@example.com
2008 Resolutions Committee
Association of the U. S. Army
2425 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
(If sending a disk, please use Microsoft Word or .txt format.)